If you’re like many, you’re probably wondering about CBD legal status as well as cannabis oil legal status. First things first, cannabis (referring to marijuana) is not federally legal. There are some states that have legalized either medical and/or recreational use. It is still illegal in all other states. CBD oil, however, is legal in every state BUT is not regulated by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). It is for this reason that you should take some extra time and care to ensure that you are getting high quality CBD oil. Read on to find out how you can ensure that you are getting a quality product that contains CBD at the levels and potency advertised.
CBD Oil Legal Status
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of many cannabinoids found in marijuana as well as in hemp (the usual source for CBD oil). CBD will not get you high, but it can provide the same therapeutic benefits as cannabis. It can even work as an antagonist against some of the more intense side effects of cannabis/THC. Since it provides health benefits, does not create a high effect, and isn’t addictive, CBD hemp oil has become legal in all 50 states.
However, the DEA and some local legislators in certain states have talked about new restrictions for CBD legal status. This is being fought vehemently by patients who use cannabidiol as well as other supporters of our rights to treat our medical issues with natural remedies instead of strong prescription pain meds that can ruin lives with their severe side effects and potential for addiction. At the same time, none of us want our lives to be ruined by purchasing something that we believe is legal but is not. So, with that being said, let’s get into the things you should do when purchasing CBD oil to ensure that you are getting a legal product that is of high quality.
Buying CBD: Legal and High Quality Cannabidiol
There are a few steps you can take to ensure that you are purchasing a high-quality CBD hemp oil and avoid any illegal purchases or a purchase that will leave you with an empty pocket and a useless product.
- The first thing you always want to do when shopping for CBD legal products is to check for third party laboratory testing. This means that a company has sent their products off to an independent lab to test that the ingredients are found as labeled and that the levels of CBD advertised are actually found in the oil. This is really the only way to ensure that you are buying what the company is advertising. If you find a cannabidiol oil without documentation of this independent lab testing, then you should definitely move on and look for another product/company that does.
- Another thing you can and should do is check for petroleum-free processing. This is also known as CO2 extraction. This process allows for maximum utilization of the CBD found in the hemp used. It is a gentle process that will not degrade the ingredients. It is also a totally safe process that will allow individuals to use the oil in more ways than one. It can be orally ingested, used topically, and even vaped when this extraction method is used.
- Your CBD hemp oil should also be less than .03% THC. If you find a product with levels higher than this, then you are not making a legal purchase. Cannabis legal status still remains federally, so you absolutely cannot order CBD that contains more than the 0.3% THC. Remember that number and utilize it when researching the company’s third-party testing. All CBD and THC levels will be clearly outlined (as well as any other ingredients).
Cannabis Oil Legal Purchases
The legal status of cannabis is quite different from state to state right now and is often changing with each year. If you are unsure of the cannabis oil legal status in your state, then you should look up the laws. If medical marijuana is legal in your state but recreational is not, then you cannot legally purchase an oil that contains more than the 0.3% THC levels. You would need to talk with a doctor first. However, any CBD hemp oil that contains less than the levels discussed is 100% legal for you to purchase either in stores or even online.
If you live in a state where recreational marijuana is legal, then you should take extra caution to ensure that you are getting CBD oil from hemp instead of CBD oil from cannabis. The oil from cannabis/marijuana usually has levels of THC that are higher than those found in hemp. The best way to determine this is to look for “CBD hemp oil” and always check for that third-party testing.
Third party tests are also a great way to verify that you are getting the levels of cannabidiol that you want. CBD can be expensive, and you don’t want to waste your money on a weak and pointless product. Companies that share their third-party lab test results are making a quality product and are not afraid to let science test and ensure that. This also ensures that there aren’t any mislabeled ingredients or ingredients that are not mentioned on the label. If you want the highest quality and safest CBD hemp oil, then you should never skip this step.
Benefits of CBD Oil
There are a lot of incredible benefits to this amazing oil (and more being found with increased research). Let’s go over a quick list of the known benefits of cannabidiol:
- Anti-inflammatory (pain management & relief)
- Can slow the growth of certain kinds of tumors
- Anti-seizure & relief from symptoms of other neurological disorders
- Diabetes management
- Cardiovascular health
Again, if you live in a “legal” state, then you should be check for ensure that you are getting CBD hemp oil that does not contain a lot of THC (if that is what you are looking for) and always check for third party lab testing. As with any supplement, you should talk with your doctor before adding CBD oil or Cannabis oil to your daily dietary intake. If you do this and follow the tips provided within this article, then you will be fast on your way to getting a safe, high quality, and legal CBD oil.